Alabama Military Stability Foundation (MSF)
In 2017, the Alabama MSF awarded a contract to Bättra, LLC to design and develop a web-based supply chain mapping and economic modeling platform to display DoD dependencies in the Alabama economy and to model the impacts of potential reductions in contract awards. Bättra developed a data model based primarily on government contract data and integrated geographic job multiplier and employment data. The team developed an interactive supply chain map of DoD prime and sub-contractors within the state that provides:
- Summary information on contractors and ability to filter on various supplier characteristics.
- Interactive geographic map of Alabama county and MSAs that shows:
- Summary contract data (e.g., net DoD dollars, net jobs, top NAICS, top customers).
- Summary of subcontractor dollars (“leakage”) flowing outside of the target geographic area to other areas, e.g. other states.
- Color shading of geographic areas based on county/MSA DoD dependency, net DoD dollars.
- Interactive Supply Chain Flow analysis of prime contractor reported subcontract awards by geography, NAICS, and contractor.
- Economic modeling (“What-if”) of net DoD jobs by selected geographic areas (county/MSA) by 3-digit NAICS and DoD spending trend analysis.